I decided I needed to do something about it. I did not want to use a concrete stain and the odds of getting one in a copper finish within one day weren't that great. I ended up going with the same process that I used for our lion statues (those were resin).
I used Rust-Oleum Metallic in Antique Copper (4 cans of base spray paint). For the top finished I used Rust-Oleum Semi-Gloss black (quart). The best way to create the antique finish is to place the black into the recessed areas to create a shadow-like effect. I do that with a brush and wipe over it with a soft rag (the paint on the rag is just enough to give the entire surface great even look).
|In this photo you can see the unfinished bottom part and the top with just a first Antique Copper coat.|
|And here is a finished fountain and our new landscaping.|